Thursday, June 21, 2012

Procrastination Explained... Inertia at it's Best!

Dear Mr. Issac Newton,
I am writing to thank you for all you have done for science.  Your discoveries and theories revolutionized how others see the world around them.  I only wish I'd realized, when I was studying your accomplishments back in high school, how much some of your theories could be applied in fields like psychology as well.  I guess I can't blame you for it taking me so long to make the link between your discoveries and my own life.  Anyway, thanks again.

Sincerely Yours,
Emma 




So here is my discovery:

The first law of motion states:

An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted on by an unbalanced force

 I have recently discovered, through personal experience, that this applies just as well to describe procrastination!  I am a procrastinator, always have been and always will be, but what I've discovered is that if I can just get myself moving I actually like the feeling of getting things done and it keeps me moving at "the same speed and in the same [general] direction" of getting things accomplished!  The answer to procrastination then, must be to make certain that we, as procrastinators, find some "unbalanced force" to act on us to get us moving!  My only problem currently is that things are kind of slow with school right now and I'm having a hard time finding other things that are motivating enough to be considered "unbalanced forces".  


Well, I've figured out how I work, next I'll just have to figure out how to get me to work.  Hmmmm... Motivation is harder to come by than I thought.  


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture! Daddy says, "That young lady is writing some interesting stuff." (I read him your post.) You have a gift for writing. I love reading your posts. Thanks for starting them back up!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete